For Jayde’s Baby Shower I made decorative clothespins to hang the onesies the hostesses made. I am confident I’m not the first person to ever do this but today I am going to share with you how I did it.
- Spray paint your clothespins the color you would like them. I spray painted my clothespins to be a copper/champagne color to match the scrapbook paper I had picked.
- Use a dry clothespin to start tracing on your scrapbook paper. If you want to multitask you can set aside one clothespin sans spray paint to trace while the rest of the clothespins are drying.
- Cut out your traced clothespin.
- Once your clothespins have completely dried, spread Mod Podge on one side of the clothespin and stick your scrapbook paper to the clothespin. Let it dry and then spread more Mod Podge on top of the paper.
- This step is optional. If you have excess scrapbook paper on the sides of your clothespins you can shave it off with sandpaper.
Decorated clothespins can be used to hang onesies at a baby shower, lingerie at a Bachelorette Party or shower, food menu cards, the possibilities are endless. In fact, I used the same clothespins from Jayde’s shower to hang my Christmas Cards last December:
Also, I recently saw these fancy clothespins used for gift wrapping and to hang pictures: